View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Using a fuel injector as FAV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotrex View Post
Unless the injector is rated for high water content and methanol compatibility, I'd refer from using it. I think with injectors compatible with methanol, you might have a chance.
A common fuel injector will corrode in short oder and fail.

Alternatively you can build a test rig and test the injector daily for a few weeks with water/methanol (constant exposure) and check if it works without isses.
That is the only other way to find out.

I'd rather buy the FAV from Aquamist and call it a day. Won't be really more expensive than that injector, a holder and associanted pipe fittings.
The injector in mind has these statements:
Corrosion resistant internals make it compatible with all known fuels, capable of extended service life with corrosive fuels.

But using water is still an unknown. An alternative is urea injectors for emission systems that should take care of the corrosion issue but those probably have to low flow and the specs might not be as good as a fuel injector.

The price isn't the goal here, I've been searching the web for a valve that can run at around 100Hz and 200psi and I haven't found any of the shelf ones.

I've already ordered the aquamist FAV, this is just a side project to be able to use a wider duty range etc.

BR,
Mattias