View Single Post
Old 21-05-2016, 10:02 PM

Default Re: Flow vs Pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotrex View Post
Fuel injectors, also ones for methanol, only need 45PSI. So any alcohol compatible fuel pump should do.
If you use a methanol compatible fuel cell, e.g. Small steel tank, there is no issue with having it in the car. The tank is vented as any other fuel tank.

The boiling point of methanol is not that low. Folks use plastic canisters of methanol to run fuel cells in their camper vans. They typically are used in hot areas.
This is a billet methanol fuel injector :

https://www.moranmotorsports.com/pro...mizer-injector

Cost : $188 x 4 = $752 = £518

Aquamist Jets = £35 x 4 = £140

And that is only injectors.... A high flow methanol pump like Aeromotive costs more than 6 pumps altogether apart fuel regulator and engine management....

Fuel tanks: I always so plastic tanks in methanol setups and in a way I like it. Steel tend to heat the liquid more plus could be prone to corrosion plus it is more expensive and "heavier" aswell.

To be exact methanol's boiling point is 64.7DegC. Let the car sit for a few hours in the sun on a summer day. I am sure you will see 60+DegC in it (tried and tested). Liquid inside would be less though.... just taking pre-cautions...