View Single Post
Old 27-06-2017, 07:35 AM

Default Re: Questions on my direct port meth setup

Guess what...

It now makes 482WHP :P

Had an issue with overboost due to mechanic not tightening up the wastegate hose properly (my turbo kit had to be removed for an inspection, and yes the mech should be shot).

So I went back on the dyno to make sure everything was ok. I also said f%&k it... lets turn boost up!

I always thought my boost was a little lazy and not what BorgWarner turbos should do, so we turned the wastegate rod nut one more turn tighter and boom!

This setup would easily make >500whp for the street if needed. Dyno operator told me 480 equates to over 620 crank Hp...

Dyno run below is now the meth on (with more boost) v Meth off.

I now made a ton more spool and torque down low and a fairly flat boost curve holding @ exactly 2.0bar of boost. I still purposely lowered boost after 7,000 rpm and kept timing lower up top (being a track car).

Yellow line is direct port meth on with the original conservative boost @ 1.75bar
Red line is adjusting wastegate actuator nut one turn and turning boost up to 2.0bar

Meth kit needed no changes and created an even flatter AFR around 12.2 all the way.

Car is an absolute animal now! I keep spinning all 4 wheels in 2nd and 3rd most of the time now (AD08R 255 wide tyres).

More graphs:

The below graph is against my old stock block with a fairly aggressive tune on an HKS 7640 Kai turbo and same bolt on mods as above setup.

Ohh and this is still only running the 4 x 0.5mm jets only.

Last edited by robos4; 08-09-2017 at 04:25 AM.