View Single Post
Old 19-03-2005, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L
Wet1,

Welcome to the board. I am pleased to have someone who is experienced with pure alochol injection.

Aquamist has always been designed to run 100% water because rally cars are not allow to run with any additives - our fist six years of production were for Rally cars only and not to the public. From 1997 - we entered the aftermarket.

I must admit that I am not familiar with the use of alcohol except for anti-freezing purposes. It is just as easy to convert the aquamist pump to pump alcohol.

I can see another problem with the aquamist pump when used with alcohol- I visited some boards, the amount of alcohol used is just incredible - a 2-litre per minute gasoline flow is laced with one litre of alcohol !

I have no objection of people wants to run everything pig rich for the sake of cooling the engine and stop it from blowing up - but what a waste! I am not "Green" nor concerned about "Global Warming", just try to design a product that is sensible. The thought of ramping up the alcohol flow until the engine bogs down and then ease it back a little - I cannot accept this method as a very scientific way to tune a car.

Part of the reason for such large delievery is propably due to methanol has only 50% of the latent heat of water by 'mass' and 40% by volume. 300cc/min water = 750cc/min of methanol, or 940cc/min of ethanol. I think isopropyl is even higher.

I would like to learn more about alcohol injection, perhaps you can help me designing a proper system for alky users.

The reason given was only my own opinion and not the board's.