View Single Post
Old 19-06-2007, 12:23 AM

Default "Best" mixture for port water injection?.

I`m currently running a 6 0.3(75cc) jet setup on my V6 Twin Turbo, the jets are approx 3 inches away from the intake ports. At the moment I`m running a 30%methanol 70% water mixture and I`ve leaned the fuel out slightly to suit (net 12:1 afr).

I`ve been reading up on different mixtures and I`ve heard a lot of conflicting information. My goal is soely knock control, any inlet air temp cooling is a bonus. a 50/50 mix seems to be the best starting point, but then I hear that straight water is better due to it`s higher cooling capacity, but then methanol evapourates quicker and can aid cooling..

Cost is another factor, a 30m70w mix is twice as expensive for me than straight water and I get through 16l to a tank of fuel if my right foots itchy! I don`t mind spending the extra if the methanol is really benificial but then again I don`t want to pour money down the drain!. Water is 20% by volume of the fuel injected (2200cc/min of fuel at peak flow).

Anyone care to shed any light on my situation, would like to here from people running direct port setups but there doesn`t seem to be many around for some reason?, any comments are welcome.