View Single Post
Old 19-10-2003, 12:16 AM

Default Re: Different mixes for the water injection and the down sid

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkevo8
I mix some Magic mystery oil in with my mixtures of Xylene to keep pumps and lines lubed. Is there anything similar for WI??? What about Sunoco's Alki methyl fuel it has some kind of detergent in it. I would love to see a big discussion on this especially with the folks that have it going already.
Some additional lube for injection pumps is highly desireable. This helps break in, and also preserve the long term service life of the seals on the most commonly used positive displacement gerotro type pumps (same as those used as fuel pumps). The lube must be water soluble. Also. the lube should burn completly without any ash deposits, much like 2 cycle oil. Top cylinder lubes such as Marvel Mystery Oil simply don't cut the mustard. They are not water soluble and will separate out (stratify) in the tank. Klotz upper cylinder fuel lube sold as Uplon Fuel Lube Kl-107 (www.klotzlube.com) will do the job, even with high percentage alcohol mixes. There may be other brands that will also work, but I am unaware of them.