View Single Post
Old 13-09-2017, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Questions regarding FAV

Hello Richard,

Perhaps I should explain myself a little better.

I'm not a competitor or anything like that; I'm a Saturday mechanic who wants to purchase your product to install it in my car.

I just want to know if the FAV will work for me before buying.

In my engine build, I'm at the point of machining my intake manifold and setting orifice sizes. The orifice sizes will depend on the duty cycle capability of the valve at my desired RPM. I can't easily change the orifices without removing the manifold from the engine.

So I don't want to know internal details; I just want to know how to use the valve.

I can characterize the flow by sending different pulse widths/frequencies to the valve, but I'll be wasting my time doing an exercise that has already been performed. Anyone can do this with a valve in their hands, so I don't see why this information needs protecting.

Until I get this characterization done, it's going to hold up my intake manifold machining. I might even discover that my direct-port water injection scheme doesn't work at all, and I'll have to rethink the project...

Like anybody, I am hesitant to make a purchase unless I know it has a good chance of working for me; I don't want to throw my money in the drain.

Good customer service is good; happy customers get the word around.

Patrick