Thread: FAV valve specs
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 10:34 PM

Default Re: FAV valve specs

Well I tested the valve tonight. Spraying from a number 4 jet and a number 7 jet into plastic bottles which I would then weigh after each one minute sample on digital scales. Not 100% accurate but I tried to keep it precise.

Initially tested at 26Hz but I wasn't very happy with the results. Min usable duty cycle was 10% and it was linear to 50% and then flow barely increased from there to 100%. I took samples every 10% up to 100%.

Then tested at 11Hz. Results were better. Would operate correctly as low as 5% cycle and good linear results up to 75% which was max flow. Only took samples at min duty, 25%, 50%, 75% and 100%.

Final testing 39Hz. Poor results. Would not operate until 15% duty. More or almost maximum flow at 25%. Samples at min duty, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%.

So based on that 11Hz was definitely the most linear flow rate in the test. I couldn't set the freq any lower on my ecu but I imagine something like 5Hz might produce better results still. I'm not sure what pressure my pump was delivering but max flow was a little lower than I expected.

Attached is my data table. I really should have taken more samples at 11Hz and 39Hz but it was taking too bloody long and the trend was pretty obvious.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (11.3 KB, 6 views)