View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 05:40 AM

Like i said before, i didnt have time to build my system on proper way i like because the system must work last saturday for a ECU remap, so the setup in next pictures are not final, I will change almost everything later on, like making the solenoids assembly in a box hiding the wires and adding a display for flow rate and temperature on the water system.

I am using only distilled water with two 75cc/m nozzles (2.37 gallon a hour) first nozzle sprays water starting at 7.25psi and second nozzle starts at 11.6psi, I used the vacuum line on the BOV for the pressure switches. There are 2 other pressure switches for water just before the nozzles and it shows me inside with leds when its on pressure and injection, 2 another leds show me when the solenoids are open, water system has constant pressure between 100psi and 135psi, the pump is on demand switch it only works when the pressure drops down to 100psi till 135psi.
There is one other led which shows me the pump activity by on demand switch, 2 another leds shows me the low level switches in the water tank.

After this explanation above here some pictures of my system, like I said dont mind the wires and such because I am going to change that al when I got more time.

Here solenoid assembly:

Later version will be covered.

Overall shot:

The little box with leds, switch and pressure gauge:

The wires stays like that till I have new cover under the steering wheel (the big cover above my pedals) I am going to modify complete cover with display and these leds in it (see display below)

Picture from driving position:

As you see it is good readable from that position.

The water tank in the trunk:

A picture from distance:

Now the thing I need to build when I got time, the flow gauge. I am only going to use the display from this unit, it is actually for computer water-cooling systems but it should work on my car to when I modify it:

All leds, switch, pressure gauge and this display will be built in the cover where you see the little box now.

I am driving around with this system for four days and ECU is remapped 3 days ago, car feels great and system works perfectly, water pressure is greatly maintained by the pump and accumulator as I can see on the pressure gauge.

Thanks for all heads up, when I finished the system, as I want I will post some more pictures.