View Single Post
Old 07-04-2004, 06:46 PM

Default powerloss from WI/tuning for WI

Okay, Call me Jack Handey if you must, but I think I am having a deep thought

I am about to begin running water injection in my single turbod, 400RWHP, rotary powered, 93 RX 7. My 2s system is all hooked up, just need to tap the injection nozzle, and fine tune. I also have some pure Methanol on order. The car, for saftey reasons of course, is tuned pig rich at about 10 to 1 under full boost/high RPM conditions.

My question is this. If I run the WI with just distilled water, and do not touch the current tune on the car, am I going to lose horsepower? If so, how much power can I expect to lose?

Second, If I run a mix of 50% Methanol, will this in anyway counteract the powerloss of just running straight water. E.G. will this act as high density fuel, and cover some of the loss from the water?

I am asking these questions for several reasons. First, I have heard numerous horror stories about turbo'd rotaries and poor tuning. Secondly, I don't understand enough about the WI system at this time, to add saftey redundies into it, ensuring that nothing would be harmed if the WI failed. Finally, I can't tune for shit and do not trust anyone within 1400 miles to tune my car.

Any advice, and or input would be greatly appreciated.