View Single Post
Old 30-09-2004, 09:23 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

I am begining to understand the published paper a bit more. The paper's main aim was to demonstrate the effectiveness of the controller using the "Ionization Gap Sensor" technique and not a study of the effect of water injection. Nevertheless, it did show the interaction of water in a combution process.

The paper also further demonstrated life after PPP. I think you might like post it here again. I too have the link of the university on can access their papers.

Based on the theory, practice and results of NACA and the above paper, it appears that water injection is a unique substance to controlling detonation without loosing power and torque as in the case of a "rich" a/f ratio.

In you next posting of the "life after ppp", if the chart show no delay/extension on "Mass Fraction Burned", it will clearly proof the water does not delay the burn-rate as a whole compare to rich a/f. Delaying the burn-rate promotes the onset of detonation.

We shall soon get to the point that we can throw some ideas how to tune an engine with water injection - b_boy's original question.