View Single Post
Old 27-05-2004, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan
i have a jackson racing supercharger on my zts focus,so i guess this question/s is for focus owners with chargers but input form anyone with a turbo/supercharger would be greatly appreciated.

What kind of charger do you have?
How much boost are you running?
How did you achive higher boost without distroying the charger?
What are the limits of the charger?
Can you inject befor the blower?
What kind of horsepower/torque increas did you get?
What do you think i should do to my focus?

I already have Eiback suspension,ford racing shorty headers,off road pipe,roots type 5psi blower,magna flow cat back,
Go to http://www.focaljet.com. Do a search on the "Forced Induction and Nitrous" forum, and you'll get all sorts of info. However, here's a rundown of mine:

I have a JRSC on my 2001 Focus ZX3.

I'm running a maximum of about 14 psi.

The M45 Eaton roots blower won't be destroyed at this increased rotational speed, but it does go beyond it's designed efficiency (i.e., it runs very hot and is very inefficient). I have a 5.9" crank pulley (stock is 5.17") and a 2.3" supercharger pulley. I did not intend to go to 14 psi with this setup--I was expecting closer to 10 psi. If I were to do this again, I would go with a smaller crank pulley--probably a 5.5", but no more than a 5.7". I got my pulleys from ASP Racing, but others make them.

From what I've seen about this blower, injecting before the blower is good for better distribution of water to the cylinders, but it's not so good for the low friction coating on the supercharger internals.

I'm not sure which increase you're looking for. Stock JRSC (with stock pulley and "tuning") is good for about 150 whp and a little less torque. Without the water injection, but with custom tuning, I got 172 whp. A FocusSport 4-2-1 header added 10 whp to that. Tuning for the water injection added another 20 whp (with conservative timing increase, and increase in A/F from 11-11.5 to 12.5). I'm now at a little over 200 whp and 194 lb-ft. of torque.

[/url]