View Single Post
Old 17-08-2013, 02:31 PM

Default Re: A few questions concerning preTurbo water injection

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICE RACING View Post
This is some of the worst advise I have had the misfortune to read anywhere on the internet, I am dumbfounded that you would hand out advice like "keep increasing timing until you see a drop in power" LOL............ More likely he will see his crank shaft drop out of his car before he will see a drop in power from the incessant KNOCK!

When you tune for ignition timing you always beware of knock. If MRX9 is tuning on dyno with an expert tuner, normally there should be knock ears to prevent it. If tuning on street, you can datalog knock while increasing ignition timing 1-2 degree at a time.

Your quoted advise has to be the single most stupid and dangerous statement around.

~22BTDC is allot of advance!!!! already, he does not need any more, given the fuel quality @ hand, the totally arbitrary guidance on ratio's and applications is plain outrageous and shows you have done nothing but read off the internet, not really doing any real testing yourself on this subject to be handing out nuggets of wisdom as you have.

Every engine is different, you are being stupid stating it is a lot. If two brothers had the same engine but one is 8.5 compression while the other is 12.5 compression, 22degrees could be a lot for 12.5 while on 8.5 is too far away!

It's patently obvious to anyone that if the user simply does NOTHING ELSE but run equal boost he has not lost any power on the heavy WM50 mixture, this is contrary to your best internet research and re postings!

In the interest of his set up he would be far better off doing the following.

A) Winding up his boost on the original atomizer (as that is the only size he has now).
B) Decreasing the rate and running the same boost, he will have more power than on fuel alone and no need to touch his already high timing settings. I don't agree, although that depend what tune he actually has. As I said when you input water injection especially with methanol you need advance to keep up the power. Go empty tank in a fuel station and tell the owner to give you his best octane fuel out there and fill up the tank and you will see why advance and high octane is important! You will run rich as hell making poor power.

~2500millibar absolute (2.5 bar *assuming he is not in Mexico!!! lets say 1.5 bar gauge pressure) is what he should go to, enough injector to do it, and on WM50 it will be safe and boost for boost it will be line ball. And ZERO risk for the end user with a broken engine bill on random internet cut and paste advise.

To save your motor and sanity I have pm'd my personal email, feel free to contact me for proper guidance.
MRX9 Check this feature out and decide for yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkPFZWd8wj4