View Single Post
Old 20-04-2012, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Nissan Pulsar GTI-R

I know this is an old thread, and I'll trawl through the other sections in time, but I might also have GTi-R specific questions.
I've bought a second-hand Aquamist 1S (maybe? Really basic, probably a group-buy on the Owner's Club a few years ago), and I'm trying to work-out what I need to do/buy to get the most from it:
  • I've been trying to calculate the jetting. - I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, so could someone confirm what the pressure should be from the pump in a 1S kit (I think?); I was looking at the page on Howerton Engineering, but that's for a 160psi pump, and I think mine is only 100psi...
  • ...I've only got one jet that came with it; pale blue. Is that a 0.6mm?...
  • ...the jet has got two pieces to it; one attached to the hose, and one with a little brass cone. - Is that just a jet (so I need an adaptor for it), or is that a jet and an adaptor?
  • I've been reading-up on the best place to inject; not before the turbo, but probably before the throttle bodies? Alternatively; put one small jet before the turbo, and a larger one further back? - I've never noticed an intake temperature sensor, so that's not an issue...
  • ....there are four of throttle butterflies. Should I be looking to install four small jets, or is it better to just inject into the plenum somewhere and let the charge mix and hope the distribution will be even enough? - I'm not planning to remap, so post throttle seems like a foolish idea.
  • The dump valve is also attached to the start of the plenum; is that an issue? - I assume it's not because I wouldn't be injecting when the charge is dumped, but potentially there could still be water/methanol vapour present.

I guess those aren't all GTi-R specific, but I have honestly been trying to think before I post so that it doesn't just sound like "tell me how to do it".

Last edited by PobodY; 21-04-2012 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Looked more closely at what I've got.