View Single Post
Old 26-03-2013, 04:24 PM

Default Water Level Light

Hey Richard,

I have the HFS-6 system installed on my daily driven 2007 Subaru STI. The system was professionally installed and my car was tuned running 50/50 water/meth on the dyno. Please note that the FCM is installed on the firewall and I live in Canada where it does snow a lot. Up until recently it has been running flawlessly.

Unfortunately, I have been having some trouble with the system in the last month. When I get into the throttle and build boost occasionally the Water Level LED will illuminate. This is happening about 50% (or more) of the time. I believe I either have a clogged jet, filter or the system is not building enough pressure because upon boost I believe the bargraph is displaying less bars than usual. I am going to start diagnosing the problem by doing the following...

1) Do a gauge bargraph test and record the results
2) Drive the car and record how many bars the bargraph shows when boosting and injecting
2) Do a 100% stimulation test with and without the jet and compare results

If the car displays 6 bars during the bargraph test but I only get 4 bars when driving the car and during the 100% stimulation test with the jet is it a safe assumption that my jet is clogged, the pump filter is dirty or I have a kink or debris in the line some where?

Do you have any other suggestions or things I should check when I start working on the car later this afternoon? Are there any other common things that will cause the system to show the Water Level LED (bad/corroded ground perhaps)?

Update...
SC is set at 3 o'clock and as such displays no bars when I performed a bar graph test.
WL is set at 9 o'clock
WH is set at 3 o'clock

The car is only showing 3 bars when I am driving the car.
Also the Water Level LED comes on when I am in second gear and not third gear when driving it.

Yes, the tank is full!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by K.J.P.; 27-03-2013 at 01:30 AM.