View Single Post
Old 17-06-2013, 09:07 PM

Default Re: HFS-4 Q&A, application for your engine...

1 - The LS3 is not direct injection, it is normal sequential injection.

2 - Ok, thanks, so it can be done

3 - I get that, but looking at your jet flow chart the 3 jets appear to flow too much at low pressures and wouldn't atomize very well down at 20-30psi. That was why I was thinking of running a small jet for low rpm that can operate at 160psi yet still give the right amount for low rpm and then have 2 big jets for as the boost and rpm builds. Am I missing something?

4 - Engine layout - I'll see if I can upload some pics. My water/meth tank is in the trunk and the turbo is where the rear muffler would normally be, so plumbing a jet pre or post turbo would be simple.

The intake pipe smoothly routes all the way from the back into the front of the engine bay and steps up to 100mm before the throttle body. About 400mm back from the TB I have 2 water/meth jets hidden underneath, just downstream from the blow off valve.

When I'm at my work computer I'll try to upload some pics.

BTW: Lag from this rear mount? If I load the converter it will boost from a stop thanks to a 2800rpm stall converter. People get too carried away trying to set turbos too close to the engine thinking the added temp is important. It really isn't near as important as having free flowing plumbing in and out.