View Single Post
Old 13-08-2013, 07:05 PM

Default Re: A few questions concerning preTurbo water injection

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrx79 View Post
Hi,
my nozzle is a bit more away from the compressor wheel then on the Picture, but not very much. Maybe 10cm upstream the compressor.

I also thought that spoolup should be increased, but it's definitly the other way around and can be reproduced. Maybe the pure water reduced the turbine power too much. Or the compressor had more work to do because of the additional mass of the water?!. But i'am not sure.

Plugs are NGK BKR7EIX Iridium's and the plug gap is stock (not sure how much). Compression of the engine is around 8.5:1cr.

Also did some recalculations and i think with my activation boost and the 350ccm of water the water to fuel Ratio is pretty high at that rpm. Have to do an exact calculation, but even at redline the Ratio is still 24% water to fuel, so i expect it to be much more at around 3750rpm when it activates.

As RICE saied, the ignition System will have a hard time with so much water without leaner and earlier ignition. And even if the engine pulls, i'am sure there are slight misfires which costs power (maybe this is also a reason for the spoolup issue).

Maybe to try a smaller Jet. ;-)
I am running NGK Heat range 6 on my 8.5:1 compression engine yours is 7 makes it cooler.

Stock gaps are not good for custom setups, recommended gap is 0.6mm or lower. That should give some less stress to the ignition system aswell.

25% seems over but that depends what the engine wants.