View Single Post
Old 29-04-2012, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Why don't we see more PWMV kits on diesels

Quote:
3. We are unable to compete with the PPS system marketed around 200-300 dollars.
Some are spending up to $800 for the stage 3 blah blah blah stuff.

Quote:
It amazed me that people one particular forum rarely venture out of their comfort zone, such as trying out newer technologies, or simply visit other forums. Do you think the PWM system will benefit the diesel community?
Sounds like the turbo buick crowd. The only kit that works on TBs is the Alkycontrol kit. Nothing else works. Which forum are you referring to?

I think it will benefit, but I think that without some incentive, it will be a tough sale. The main focus of diesel owners, big diesel owners, is HP, MPG, and flow. The big power diesels go with belt driven pumps putting out 600 psi to overcome boost pressure. With the stage 3 setups that include two nozzles that trigger separately, I don’t see the single stage setup of the HFS-4 having a whizbang factor. I think that an HP gain compared to a PPS system, and an MPG gain would be necessary. I don’t know if efficiency would matter much, as they run big tanks anyway. For the smaller stuff, not so much in the US, I would think a DI PWI-1 would be perfect. Don’t need that much flow for a 120hp diesel, and mounting the small pump would be much simpler than a big aquatic.

Last edited by Dust; 29-04-2012 at 03:26 PM.