View Single Post
Old 21-03-2005, 10:23 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet1
Richard,
I have to think anyone with half a brain would see the difference between the cheap kits and the better kits that contain important performance and safety features. I think you'll find the people buying the cheap kits are the ricers... remember, 'natural selection' is a good thing. :lol: Seriously, people don't mind paying more for a better product, if it's truly better... I know I don't mind. There will always be 'cheap' products, don't compete with those guys... that's not the matket you want, think premium.

Either way, AI/WI is here to stay, it's only going to grow.

While I agree using a MAP sensor to vary AI output is not ideal, IMO it is somewhat progressive and far superior to the cheaper "on/off" systems. As boost increases so does AI output. It's very similar to the cheap FMU some of the aftermarket forced induction suppliers include / included in there kits. The FMU's are nothing more than a boost referenced FPR. Crude? Yes, but it does work to a certain degree.

I'm using a GM MAP sensor with an Alky Control PAC to control my system. The PAC has the "Ability to electronically adjust turn-on point, initial pump speed pressure, and ramp gain of final pump speed pressure using any 12volt injection pump." Far from the ideal system, but it has worked great for me. Ideally I'd love to see a 3D mappable computer to control output hit the market. I guess it's only a matter of time before a DFI type AI kit hits the streets. While this would be ideal, what I'm using now has been working great for me... I don't think I'd need anything more. BUT, I can only imagine what some of the serious tuners would do with a mappable system.

I'm going to be out of town for a few days... take care guys. :wink:

Scot

I consider yourself as a pretty serious guy on technical issues. If you are happy with what you have already and would not be considering a better system, that is little chance that you are going to try our system if it is made available - either way it is working well, why change.

It is a pity that there are so many people out there respond to marketing hypes - buying something at half price and think they are getting a bargain. I assure you that they are not -99.9% of the time they are wrong, but they are convinced that they are the in "0.1%" group all the time.

It doesn't really matter if if you are injecting water or alcohol, it is just a personal preference, the two concepts are totally different. At 50% mix - they become one. It is always the two ends that causes debate and sometimes war of words, totally pointless.

I think the common ground is the equipment used - but if the equipment cannot deliver a fluid at a predictable rate, you simply cannot compare the results. There are thousands of SAE papers available to read but I am certain that you will find "none" that compares the two concepts in one study. I don't think either of us have the resources to do such a study - at least I know I cannot afford it.

I really hope you are right about AI/WI concept will grow. :razz:

Here are a few links if you are interested:
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/dc/reference/refer.html