View Single Post
Old 28-02-2005, 04:06 AM

Default 2003 Lancer Evolution-Aquamist 2D

Enclosed are pictures of my Aquamist 2D installation on my 2003 Lancer Evolution. I would like to thank Richard for all his advice. I would also like to thank Brad at George?s Imports for his advice and for supplying me with my Aquamist products. I designed my installation to be easily accessible for maintenance and that it blends in with the car as best as possible. I will be running distilled water as my injection solution for now. I want to see how well I could do on our terrible California 91 octane gas.

The Accumulator is mounted up front in the engine compartment.

The Water Pressure Switch is mounted next to the shock tower.

The High Speed Solenoid Valve and Relay are mounted on a bracket next to the firewall.

The DDS2 Flow Sensor is mounted on a bracket next to the power brake booster. It then flows to a check valve mounted next to the water jet in the upper intercooler pipe.

I used the stock windshield wiper solution tank that is located at the rear of the car. I mounted a Float Switch in the tank and used one of the two windshield wiper solution pumps as my primer pump. The Relay, Pulse Extender, and Wiring are all hidden in the back also.

The Primer Pump feeds the Aquamist pump mounted in the spare tire well. With the entire factory trim reinstalled you would never know that there is a Water Injection System in the trunk.

I mounted the pressure switch and the DDS2 Junction Box behind the glove box. I can access the pressure switch easily to adjust the turn on point of the water mixture. I left the center portion open to mount my future fuel computer. With the glove box open or closed, everything is hidden.

I mounted the Fuel Injector Amplifier and the DDS2 Dash Display in the ashtray. When the ashtray lid is closed everything is hidden and looks stock. I also installed a Low Level Indicator Light on the dash.