View Single Post
Old 23-04-2007, 01:32 AM

Default Update: Pre-Compressor Injection Added To My Aquamist 2D

I've been intrigued by the pre-compressor concept for several years now was able to finish my installation a couple of weeks ago.

I mounted the axial nozzle mount inside the the hard rubber MAF tube that attach?s to the turbo. I had to position it and trial fit it several times to get it right. That was the most time consuming part of the project. I'll be using a .3mm nozzle and it's positioned about 30mm from the center of the turbine shaft.

I secured the axial mount with a hose clamp on the outside of the MAF tube. The mount is in there very tight.

I modified the factory plastic vacuum line holder to accept the 4mm water tube and I attached a check valve to try and keep the water mixture closer to the nozzle.

The rest of the install just involved teeing off the water line from the flow sensor and the upper intercooler tube nozzle.

I took the car for a drive and it feels much stronger and more linear all the way to red line. I won't know how it really performs until I take it to the drag strip for some testing. The butt dyno can be deceiving at times. The only thing that will be a pain will be changing the pre-injection nozzle if I want to fine tune this set up.