View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 02:39 AM

I don't know if anyone is still paying attention to this thread, but I wanted to let everyone know that I have been squirting water/ windscreen wash/ methanol/ at various mixtures into the turbo compressor inlet since my last post on this thread. running methanol straight at pressure from the washer bottle pump adds about 4 psi of boost at full boost (18-20psi from 14-16 without) I use it to accelerate up hills without touching the accelerator, and am getting 47 mpg on 60mph cruises on the freeway. The added power is addictive. The only thing I am going to do to improve on this is a better container for the go juice that is boost referenced, as the power increase peters out in the higher boost range. Otherwise I have not damaged my turbo in any way that I have seen visually or in performance. This is my daily driver and I am into the Water injection every day while driving. Please keep in mind that this is a little dinky turbo, so damage to the compressor blade tips from large water droplets may be kept under control because of the their lower speed compared to a larger compressor that may be 4,5,6 times the circumference of this VW ecodiesel turbo.

Tony
88 Megasquirt Toyota Pickup