View Single Post
Old 08-07-2004, 10:27 PM

I'm sorry, what does "AT" stand for? Also, I couldn't get the graphs to work. I'd be interested in seeing those.

Also, I went to the track yesterday and found what you are describing. I have a 1g DSM with a 16g boosting 21psi on the stock sidemount IC. On the highway when tuning, I see no knock. Last night at the track I would have no knock in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears, but then when I shifted to 4th, I would see a huge spike in knock, as if I had turned off the water injection.

I think that the water injection was keeping knock at bay as long as the intercooler was still fairly efficient (fast highway tuning where lots of air was going through the IC). At the track, however, I think the IC heat-soaked quickly and then was less efficient and caused and increase in knock when it had had enough (4th gear).

I have a two stage WI with one nozzle just after the IC and one nozzle at the TB. Maybe I could keep the first nozzle spraying during drag passes so that in between shifts I would have still have some cooling.

Thanks for the info!

-Craig