View Single Post
Old 26-03-2005, 05:21 PM

I would like to reply to the pre-comp dilemna. You are experiencing exactly what everyone before you experienced. Impingement kills blades. A 50 micron droplet appears to be able to cause impingement. The mass of the drop hitting the blade is too large=erosion. Controlling the particle size is the answer, and I have some ideas on that. Our biggest problem is the practical limit to available pressure.

Maximize:
1. Pressure,

2. number of 'smaller" nozzles, with smaller spray patterns,
temp of fluid,

3. travel distance to the turbo, (debatable)

Minimize:

1. Viscosity, (a 50/50 mix is more viscous than water or meth alone)

2. Base nozzle choice on the SMA (sauder mean average particle diameter) of the nozzle. Get the smallest rated SMA possible. Generally, smaller nozzles have lower SMA

3. mounting nozzles on a conduit wall-big mistake, mount so as to flow out concentric to the conduit.

One way to keep any pooled water from getting to the turbo is to run the mist "uphill". Pooled water will be heavy, and will run down, just give it a place to collect.

Do not use a method of metering fluid that places a reduced duty cycle on the pump, use only the max pump pressure, higher pressure=lower SMA. One shurflo pump can deliver over 150 psi easily into smaller nozzles (flow)

Just some thoughts on how it "should" be done, to stir discussion. Pre comp injection should not be based on the same techniques used for post IC injection, different fruits. i believe it is a good idea, where extreme moderation techniques should be employed.