Thread: Nozzle size
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 05:55 PM

Default Re: Nozzle size

Assuming that you will use 100% duty cycle of your fuel injectors, yes your calculations are correct. But maybe allow 10% to 15% loss of pressure (I don't see this in HFS6 manual, but is explained in HFS3/4 manual).

So if we average the loss of pressure between 10% to 15%, we get an average pressure loss of 12.5%. So that means, 136psi x .875 = 119psi. Or let's just say 120psi.

The simplest setup would be to have jets right on the intercooler outlet. I would steer away from installing jet on the throttle body as it is too close to be well distributed across all cylinders.

But being a twin turbo setup likes yours (and looks like it is going to make a massive amount of power), maybe you want to try individual port W/M injection? Say for example, 1 per cylinders, and 1 at intercooler exit for total of 7 jets.

I don't know if your VQ35 engine is dual throttle bodies or single throttle body version. If dual throttle bodies, you can add 1 jet each on the intercooler outlet pipe leading to the throttle bodies - which means 8 jets in total, along with the individual jets per cylinders of 6.

And yeah, you want to place it after the MAF. Unless you want to add a jet pre turbo.

And once you have decided on how many jets you want to use, do a 60 seconds SYS test spray into a water containers to make sure each jet delivers the correct amount.