View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 10:31 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Injecting prior to turbo comp' impellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYDE16 View Post
Hey Richard thank you so much. It took a while but it's the finished effect I'm after. The CoolingMist solenoid was a leftover part which I decided to use basically as an on/off valve for the pre-turbo .3mm jet. I can open this solenoid from a button inside the cabin, basically allowing me to choose when I want to use pre-turbo injection and inititally to be able to run data logs back to back to test with and without pre-turbo injection.

In the GTI they are routed through the glove box, firewall and then alongside the passenger side fender. I have some extra wire bundled up but I don't think it will reach around the front of the engine bay, I may have to try and re-route through the firewall. Ideally I will find a way to get the FAV on the driver's side on this custom fabricated plate to keep it all together.

The main question I have now is do you foresee any issues the way it's routed now? Pressure drop, leaks, bursts, lower flow rate?
I cannot see any issues with long hose runs, as long as the debris is CVJ is debris free. If there is a leak developed on one CVJ, there is a risk of the vacuum pulling the the fluid out of the other hoses. If the hose interconnections amongst the FAV, hex manifold and the cVJ are kept to a minimum, there will not be too much fluid there to be emptied.

We are not talking about any risk of a hydrolock, but it will cause a slight delay on the next injection event where the hoses has to be refilled before pressure is being build up.