View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 01:44 PM

Default Re: Injecting prior to turbo comp' impellers

Thank you Richard, I remember we needed to raise the pump pressure to 185psi to meet the demand for this many jets. I have since decreased my 5th post intercooler jet from .6mm to .4mm this weekend since I've been burning out MAP sensors from too much direct contact. When I originally logged the .4mm to .6mm jet change in this location I didn't see any further decrease in intake air temps so at this point the larger jet could have added octane but no more cooling. Now I'm back to .4mm to slow the MAP sensor failure rate. Now, the addition of the 6th pre-turbo .3mm jet is solenoid controlled and will only be on here and there when I turn it on from the cabin. The 185 pump pressure should still be plenty for this configuratation of four .6mm jets, one .4mm jet and the occasional one .3mm jet but I may have to tweak the HFS-4 trimmers a tad based on the software demand. I don't want to have to max the pump out any further for reliability/longetivity.

I didn't run any logs yet as I am currently re-configuring my tank with an in-line master shut off valve (for when I have to quick disconnect and remove the tank from the trunk) and micron filter pre-pump. Today I plan on installing the tank and pump in the car and can finally turn the entire system back on again after the winter months. If all goes well I'll have prelim data logs this week.

What did you want to see specifically Rich? What is STFT?