View Single Post
Old 13-06-2011, 08:18 PM

Default Mini R56 2009 Factory JCW HFS-3 Install (Cooper s owners too)

Hi everyone, just wanted to share my install and experiences with everyone especially the mini specific community, at the request of richard L.

First of all, just wanted to give a big shout out and a BIG thank you to two people.
first being roger(czar) for his immense knowlegde and experince and sharing that with me. and his advice to me to buy this hfs-3 system for the mini r56 turbo. your help and directions have been invaluable to say the least

and of course and big thank you to richard(aquamist)
for his help with the installation when i got stuck. and the passion and dedication you have for your job i surely unrivalled. whilst i found out that the wiring diagram was incorrect for the map sensor on the r56, i told richard and he told me to check this and that whilst casually playing the old quitar at 9pm! and waiting for me to come back with my findings. GREAT!
guys! ask whilst hes around. you wont find many like him.

ok. i will now share with you firstly my install. ill try give as much help and detail as possible, i didnt take a pic of every single part, but i have a decent instructions and pics. every install is different when it omes down to water/meth. as each requirment is tailored for the induvidual and he must addapt the install the way he wants to. there is no one correct way.

as of writing this. the system is 95% installed with basic setup/testing purging done. no road testing as of yet because the hfs ecu has been sent to richard for a mapping cycle best suited for my car. so when thats back in a few days.. road testing galore!!! cant wait!!!!
install.....