View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 12:29 AM

Default Re: Pre Turbo Injection - How Much and When to Inject

I am going to bump this thread because I am running pre-turbo but not with an Aquamist system.

I choose AEM because 99% of the time WMI will be used is WOT and I'm not interesting in pulling base fuel and replace it with methanol via the water injection system.

I also choose this configuration because I want to get more out of the stock turbocharger.

Starting with the smallest included nozzle (250cc/min), I wasn't sure if it was working like it should. Turns out it did work but eventually some air got caught in the system and it stopped pumping water. I had to undo lines on both sides of the pump to get it primed again and the water flowing.

Logged a short 4th gear pull and sent it to my tuner. Apparently there was enough of a change that he modified my tune. I had changed the nozzle to the middle one included in the AEM system (500 cc/min).

Right now I have inlet temps 6 degrees over ambient though that log was taken well into the evening as ambient started to drop from a mid day high of around 97 (F).

This is only the beginning of what's the come.