Thread: 04 STI
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 08:47 PM

Default 04 STI

Hello all,
After reading MANY posts on this board and Richards contributions on NASIOC (the national Subaru board), I wanted to ask what people recommended.

I have a 04 STI with the usual goodies, ie. Full turboback, headers/uppipe and intake. I use the Hydra to control everything but boost, for which I use a manual TurboSmart controller. I have a Aquamist 2s system sitting in my basement waiting for Phil of Element Tuning to finish his interface to the Hydra.

My question is two fold: What size injector to use and placement. Since I only have one controller for it, I presume that I would want to put the injector in the silicon hose that goes from the intercooler to the manifold. I have been reading the posts about pre-turbo injection and that seems like a nice alternative as well. It does seem to reduce IC efficiency though. I will be hopefully priming the Aquamist using the 12L JDM tank in the trunk.

I am still on the stock turbo for now, but have been looking at both Phil's offering (GT35R) and the Superzilla. I have modified stock injectors to go in with the new turbo as well. I presume that I will have to move up in injector size when I install these, correct?

Thanks for any suggestions!
Julian
WRB 04 STI: 97.73% Stock
More info here