View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 05:43 AM

Default Re: Pure Distilled Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
Assuming you have already running an ideal a/f ratio of 12.5:1 (in general), neither liquid will be needed as extra fuel (alcohol). In this case, you need to consider water injection is better to control your peak combustion temperature spikes
Thanks for another great reply. Your posts are the main reason I think pure water is better or good enough (like in wrc)

So do you mean that if my current fuel/spark system allows me to run around 12.5a/r water will be more beneficial?

I've tried 12-12.5 before, but got a lot of timing pull, I now run 11.5 it has little less timing pull, . So in this scenario is pure water more benificiary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICE RACING View Post
In short WM50/50 makes more power and is not as sensitive to low ignition power and allows you to use more conventional AFR settings most tuners are comforatble with.[/i]
Thank you for replying.

Conventional being higher than 12 afr?

So basically even if I can ignite it and have higher than normal AFRs, w/m will still produce more HP vs pure water? Or would they have the same effect?

I ask because I've seen two 1.8t produce power (without meth or water) on 93pump on a 1.8t @ around 13afr. Not sure how much timing pull.

Dyno @ 13afr/93pump/25psi - Check the AFR

Thread:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4065844

Last edited by ricekikr; 04-01-2011 at 05:46 AM.