View Single Post
Old 17-02-2017, 02:52 AM

Default Re: Questions on my direct port meth setup

Hey All,

Sorry have been slow to update.

Just had a session on the dyno, we finally got the fail safe to work (and it works really well)...

We are facing an issue with V2 Tephra map causing my ecu to brick when flashing the ecu (apparently I need V3 but need looping via TPS as I don't have cruise control lol).

We did however attempt to get a few passes on the dyno but were limited due to flow. After speaking with Richard (top bloke) we are soldering the rear of the chip board to increase flow from 1,000cc to 2,500cc flow map (should have read the manual properly lol).

We did see almost 1 point richer from the runs but the bar graph on the aquamist gauge would only hold 1-2 bars of flow.. (at one bar it kicked into fail safe which was good to see).

Once am back from my travels and so long as Tephra gets us that V3 we are back in business and will update all..

pics of the setup (the machine shop said they couldn't drill where I wanted and had to go closer to the cylinder entrance :

Parmas - I won't give up haha not until I get it working hehe.

Also I missed a comment from earlier - the stock evo x intake manifold I was referring to causing one cylinder to often get less flow ths causing lightly leaner (and when you tune aggressive it causes issues), so I'm told form my engine builder it's common for the stock manifold. do u agree?