View Single Post
Old 28-07-2007, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantona156
....Anyway, based on my injector (650cc/min @80% duty cycle) & 10% water to fuel ratio, I am looking at 0.5-0.6mm nozzle.
I will be also be installing an Charge Air temp gauge, to see the effects with and without the WI (with 50% methanol).
Keep us posted.
Don't expect a dramatic drop in charge air temps though, especially if the nozzle is placed *after* the intercooler. Heat exchange needs temp difference in order to be efficient.
Also mind the distance between the nozzle and the air temp sensor. If they are only a few inches apart there won't be much time for the mist to cool the charge down *and* register it on the sensor as well.

Most of the W.I. benefits come from in-cylinder cooling, remember, so a KNOCK sensor would show the difference of W.I. :wink:
Quote:
The other thing is tuning. I was told we need to tune for leaner AFR 12.5:1 with WI ...to really see its effect.
Not very optimistic about this. But will try to convince my tuner to give it a shot.
If you're running 10 or 11:1 AFRs there is much less room for W.I. power gains. You can still push boost higher though.

John

www.max-boost.co.uk