View Single Post
Old 16-06-2009, 07:06 AM

Here's another hfs-6 installation:

The car is a stage 2 04 sti. We put on some parts a few weeks ago and tuned it on 91. Last week the car came in for the HFS-6 and I got to work.

Here's my nice shiny table of nice shiny parts:

Since this car has the stock turbo and is using a fairly small tank, I left the pump at 120psi, went with a single 1mm jet, and put a 0.9mm restrictor in the flow unit:

So anyway to install these things I tend to tear apart most of the interior:

Which left me with this pile of stuff:

This installation uses the stock STi intercooler spray tank, which is about 1 gallon. I mounted the pump to this flat piece of aluminum, which has tapped holes and bolts right to the chassis:

I wanted to tuck the pump in behind the tank, but I couldn't come up with a good way to do it and keep the pump inlet low enough to prevent priming issues.

For the level sensor I soldered the aquamist connector to the stock float:

On GDs, I like to run the meth line up the driver's side with the fuel rails since there are clips to hold it in place:

The wiring to the pump and tank goes up the passenger side since I'm putting the control unit in the glove box, and there is also a convenient place to route the wiring.

It was also nice that a previous owner had cut a hole into his glove box at some point.

It was not nice that someone had done this to the ECU harness:

Some soldering and electrical tape fixed things up:

In the engine bay it was a little tough mounting the flow control unit, but I ended up doing pretty much the same thing as the last time:

Here's the jet in the intercooler:

Here's the control unit in the glove box:

Here's the gauge:

And hey, everything worked on the first try:

I put everything back together and cleaned up the trunk area:

And then it was time for tuning:

Final numbers were 350 hp and 400 lb-ft at the wheelsl.