View Single Post
Old 20-09-2014, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Using Aquamist for brake cooling system!?

Thanks for the info.

The problem is that the cost of the brake kits is ?1500 plus and then on top of that you need to buy new wheels and possibly spacers and other parts for it to all work together.

OEM wheels don't provide another clearance for aftermarket brake solutions. Even the Spoon calipers don't fit the OEM wheels. Its annoying as you would of thought a car often used on trackdays would have more off the shelf solutions.

Two piece floating discs would be ideal but they only make in the US by a company called racing brake and people have given them mixed reviews so far.

I cant really afford to spend ?2000+ to eliminate the odd bit of brake fade during the few trackdays a year. Don't get me wrong i would love to but i havent got to the point where im going to spend that sort of money
At the moment i have cheap disc and pads for use over the winter and then i'm swapping to directional vaned discs which make quite a difference plus the ducting i'm in the process of fitting should also make a difference.

I will keep upto date with how i get on, the brackets im waiting for to mount the tank in the boot havent showed so wont be happening this weekend, can get the plumbing and wiring done thou.

I was hoping to inject the water into the ducting so that it mists into the air from the brake ducts rather than pours on to the discs and weakens them. Obviously there is a chance that this doesn't work all together but at least it means in the future i have parts to do a water injection installation if i supercharge my s2000