View Single Post
Old 19-05-2010, 11:09 PM

Default Re: Help Choosing Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howerton Engineering View Post
If you want a system that sprays based on boost then an Aquamist kit may not be for you. Aquamist kits spray primarily on injector duty cycle.

The only way to reduce boost and timing is to use the test connector on the car. I know this works for the earlier generation STI's, I don't have any feedback on your model as of yet.

The Aquamist kits utilizing a gauge have a low level sensor indicator on the gauge.

There are many places to buy tanks. We can supply you with many options. 3 gallons will be large int eh back of the GR unless you use the spare tire well.

Pre-turbo changes the profile of the turbo compressor map, otherwise you can put one or two injectors after the IC. There is no guarantee that pre-turbo injection will not affect the compressor wheel, but there are a few methods to minimize the affects.
Thank you for the response!

I didnt intend for it to sound like i wanted it to only rely on boost... I just meant I wanted a progressive controller instead of a basically on/off type setup.

Which of your kits would you recommend for my needs? the HKS-6? Also, is there a new model in the works? if so, what is the expected release timeframe?

Again, pre-turbo is definately the most appealing to me as long as I can have a duel setup with another one pre throttle body for extra cooling. This is of course if I can find a method that is fairly reliable and straight forward. I will have to search for more info on how to properly set up the pre turbo config.