View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 04:35 PM

Default new install, pre turbo water injection

I've been reading lots on Pre compressor water injection and I want to give it a shot. Currently I see air charge temps around 130 C before the intercooler and 60 C after. (This is running around 20 psi)

I'm hoping I can reduce this with water injection.

I don't have a lot of time to spend on my own car (as always) this is a last minute install, and I'm on the rolling road Tuesday to test the install.

I was planning installing the smallest jet which came with a kit I had given to me. The jets in the kit are 130cc/min, 315cc/min & 550cc/min

The engine is currently fitted with 500cc injectors, running at around 60% duty (batch fired, 4clyninder if that makes a difference)

My plan was to use the smallest jet and aim it at the compressor wheel (I have a 90deg bend on my air intake pipe so it should be pretty easy to weld a boss into the intake pipe aiming directly at the compressor wheel)

I wasn't planning on changing the map for the water injection, currently my map is pulling off a lot of ignition advance as the Air temp increases, so hopefully I should see gains once the ACT are lower.

What mix of meth and water should I try?
Will one jet before the compressor be ok, or do I need one after the intercooler too?

any tips or advice would be great

cheers

Codey