View Single Post
Old 25-03-2005, 09:21 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScoob
Richard,

You mentioned that the HSV uses the same seals as the pump. Does that mean that regardless of the pump and its seals, we would still be limited by the HSV? I would like to try running 100% methanol or 100% ethanol for example...
I have to correct this, the seals of the pump and the HSV is different but will have the same resistant to methanol. And the same problem with ethanol and isopropyl.

Methanol:
50%- long term
75% medium term (a week or two)
75% -95% -short term (a day) -people have done it longer than this, but I have not tested it in the dynamic conditions. I have tested it at 100% in static conditions and cannot detect any ill effects - six months or so.

Ethanol: strictly no more than 5% at any period. Over 10% shown signs of absorption and started to affect the designed piston/seal tolerances - piston-seal wear will acceleralate. If you can re-seal the pump yourself, it will coat you 20 cents per seal.

Isopropanyl: 25% is fine long term.

Every part of the aquamist pump is replaceable - part veried between 10 cent to 50 dollars (complete centre tube). On occasion when water got inside the pump and causes massive corrosion, it is much cheaper to exchange the old pump for a new one at 50% of the retail price -after warranty period.

The most import thing to remember - try not to place the pump in direct path of water splash - I bet no manufacturer would put an engine management system that way. It almost all cases, we replace the pump under warranty under a year even it shown signs of water splash - the surface of the casing is a good story teller.

I believe I have sent you a pump centre tube recently with a complete set teflon interbnnal seals - you can try to run anything you want with it - It is experiemental for us and you will be well supported