View Single Post
Old 13-05-2005, 08:41 AM

Default Re: nozzle flow rate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod
I think you need to throw out that math and start over your numbers are WAY out of the ball park!
Quote:
then I have 13,200,000cc per minute of fuel
That is 13,200 kilograms of water or about 29,040 lbs of fuel ---- I don't think so

At max rpm, WOT the injectors are nearly running continuously. Forget how many times the engine fires, ( a 4 cycle engine only fires each cylinder once every 2 revs anyway ).

You will find that the WI nozzle is probably rated in gallons / HOUR

For a gallon/hr nozzle just multiply the gal/hr by 63 and you have cc/min flow. In your case your spray nozzle flows about 246 cc/min

Your fuel injectors flow 550cc/min MAXIMUM at 100% duty cycle. So the max fuel you can flow under any conditions is 2200 cc/min. If you car runs a max injector duty cycle of 85% ( that's typical max on a factory set up) your max fuel flow is 2200 x .85 = 1870 cc/min. 15% of that is 280.5 cc/min.

Your 3.9 gal/hr nozzle will give you about 13% water to fuel at max fuel injector duty cycle and the WI spray wide open.

Larry
If you were using a simple single stage with a solenoid, wouldnt you want to take your IDC at your tourque peak, or whereever you plan on starting the spray, and figure out your fuel flow at that point? It seems to me if you if you size your nozzle at max idc, then you wouldnt want to turn it on until then.