View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L
1) a 700cc accumulator is nice but it also carries a risk for emptying a certain amount of liquid into your manifold should your solenoid valve develops a leak. All valve leaks by nature, all depends on the contruction and plunger spring rate. It can spans from nano litre to litres. I suggest putting a system bleed down, return to tank valve when the engine is switched off.
That?s why I got a third solenoid but it is still risky? If so I need 2-way solenoid just after the accumulator and another solenoid towards the tank otherwise it will empty whole accumulator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L
2) The of demand switch on those pump has a dead band of 20psi or so. Your initial flow will be higher just before the demand switch reactives the pump. Any reason for not using an internal by-pass pump? You will get a migh steadier system pressure.
No reason, this pump came with the set, I never thought about that. I was thinking that the accumulator would make sure for a steady pressure.

I found the way to make a digital flow gauge for cheap, I don?t know how long it will last but I am going to try it to see what happens.

This is the in car panel I am going to make, it is not totally at scale since I decided to get another display. The temperature thing is just a bonus, it can read 4 temperatures (PT100), flow meter reads actually RPM but there is a calculation to see how much water goes through: