View Single Post
Old 14-08-2010, 08:31 AM

Default Considering w/m injection for my supercharged z4m

I'm getting my car back from ESS next week, which is a Z4M supercharged to 500bhp. The kit uses a Vortech V3 centrifugal blower and a front mount air/air intercooler. ESS won't tune for water/meth, but I would like to add it for safety and maybe even up my boost. I also have a nitrous system that I installed prior to going forced induction. My tune is an ECU reflash and it being from ESS is considered top of the line. That being the case, I don't know if it would be possible or even smart to have another shop try to tune over the ESS tune. My current pulley allows 8 psi. Is it possible to add the water/meth kit and not tune the car....and then change the pulley out for 10 psi. Am I understanding this correctly, that by increasing boost 2 more psi that it would effectively lean my current tune to allow for Auquamist w/m without going to rich? Can I then take the approach of fine tuning with different jetting and water/meth ratio? I don't have a dyno graph yet to even know what my current afr's are, but I would guess they float around 12-12.5. What results would I expect if I just added the water/meth system without increasing boost and no tune?? Thanks in advance for any info