View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 01:03 AM

Default HFS-6 Inconcistent Injection

Hi everyone,

I have recently purchased a Hilux with a 3.4 TRD supercharged motor. The motor is setup quite nice, with some headwork, pulley geared for about 9 psi, seventh injector added, and exhaust. It is also running a HFS-6 system. I am very new to the water injection world, and want to learn as much about these units as I can. From what I understand the HFS-6 is known to have a few issues.

I have a few questions in regards to my setup, and hopefully you guys can help me out.

- First question is, on the display gauge, 90% of the time I can only get the unit to flow 2 bars, no matter what the boost or engine load conditions are. Occasionally I will see the flow bar going higher, and indicating it is actually flowing more.
- Second question is I beleive the unit is injecting too early, even when highway cruising, most of the time the blue LED, at the end of the bar graph is flickering (not sure what that LED represents) and will flow one or two bar on maybe 2-3 psi.
-Third question is, after I leave the car overnight, when I start I can hear what I beleive is the pump has possibly lost prime. I can hear quite a growl coming from the car, but havent been able to pinpoint it to the pump. The fluid tank is above th epump, so should gravity to the pump. Are there any issues with the pump from the HFS-6 losing prime? The pump has an accumulator (I think they are called) on it, which I beleive the later models dont have.

I would also like to re-do jet size calculations etc to confirm that I have the right jet etc, but I can work on that later.

Thanks, Josh