View Single Post
Old 20-05-2010, 09:50 PM

Default Re: Help Choosing Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howerton Engineering View Post
There are a few significant differences in the 3 and the 6, but none that would affect the delivery of the methanol to the motor. The differences are:

The 6 has an IDC trim function for scaling the jetting
The 6 has adjustable boost pressure compensation, if enabled, the 3's is fixed
The 6 has a dedicated MAC valve circuit for wategate actuation, the 3 uses the standard failsafe contacts
The 6 has an adjustable failsafe reset timer
There are a number of more minor items the 6 employs.

Again, these are features that are above and beyond the basic operational functions that both share. You will get the same basic functionality and power from either system.

If you get to the max airflow of the stock turbo and need more from it then the pre-turbo sprayer can help, or if you live in an very hot and dry climate it could help as well. The closer to stock the powertrain is the less effect the pre-tubro sprayer is likely to have.
I currently live in northern california so especially during the summers it can get well over 100 degrees Fahrenheit. the next two places I may move would be southern texas or florida so this may be something to look into... especially once I start doing more upgrades to the car... Thank you for all of your help. I think the HFS 3 will more than suit my purpose. This conversation just saved me a couple hundred dollars. And I know it has been stated many times before but your customer service is amazing! I am not even a customer yet but you have definately secured Aquamist as being the brand I go with in a few months when I buy my WMI system.