View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 04:18 AM

These "major" races are really getting more & more ridiculous.

They just keep banning this & that by the name of "making the game hotter". The results are actually boring.

The regulations keep trying to slow them down, but they still going faster & faster. (with some other more expensive ways, maybe) Faster they are, the games are still getting boring. What's wrong?

I'd rather watch 2-wheel races or European local autocross with much more head to tail chasings & "rotating" takeovers. That's car racing, instead of yawning high speed parade.

Being an audience, a good game for me is the combination of amazing machine, amazing pace & hot competition. Nowadays, IMHO, these major games almost lose 2 of them. The pleasure watching the games is fading quicky, sadly.

Back to WRC, I'm not sure if it's because the bad TV programer or it's the game itself. WRC is not exiting to watch anymore. Is it really so difficult to arrange some sections with better camera coverage? The footage of hairpin swings, power slides, air born etc. are just not long enough & fluent enough. Most I saw were fractional like fast switching slide show, instead of moving picture. And many onboard cameras are aiming at the wrong angle.

I always think banning this & that is not the answer to make races better to watch. F1 banned turbo long ago, WRC is going to ban the very cost & performance effetive WI. What's next? Banning turbo? :roll: Come on, be my guest, just ban the entire engine & let's ride a tricycle sliding through the hairpin.

Maybe a few years on, the exciting machines left are those "Fast & Furious" style things in movies only.