View Single Post
Old 16-07-2004, 04:29 PM

Default Tough nut to crack

Yes I understand completely on the heater, I was dismissing it out of hand for that very reason, unless you could re-plumb it to an external location. In the past I have had luck with using the aftermarket oil-cooler cores to provide additional radiator capacity.

Not sure of the possibility of a commercial underdrive pulley, I will have to look into that.

I pointed out this thread to a couple other military guys, one's currently at Baghram in Afganistan, I notice he just registered, so perhaps we can get some dialog going. I'll see if I can connect with one of my old friends in the Army Nat. Guard or down at Ft. Carson and see if I can get a view of the underhood configuration of the hummer. They were just coming into service when I got out. I'm not sure how close the commercial version matches up with the mil version, but might take a look at those as well.

Water injection into the intake will both lower your EGT's but should slightly lower your engine temps as well. Due to the higher torque you'll get with the WI you should go the same speed on a slightly lower throttle setting.

The only tip I can give you is, if you can't get a water spray set up on the radiator, then the cooling capacity for a given radiator is directly proportional to the mass air flow, so figuring out some way to increase the air flow would be the best approch. Looks like you have the background and have already tried the common stuff.

Let me dig around a bit and see what I can come up with.
By the way I sent you a PM as well.

Larry