View Single Post
Old 14-12-2007, 09:27 PM

I got the Blue off a guy on the GTOUK forum for ?150 with injector and main harnesses. The Greddy pressure sensor is expensive with it`s loom but I wired the MAP sensor that I bought with my Wideband setup to the e-manage TPS input so it was basically free for me to upgrade to tune the car based on engine load rather than TPS position which in my opinion isn`t the best way to do it.

Depending on what car you`re going to fit the e-manage to the only hard thing is the wiring, it`s not difficult just make sure you get the right wires first time round. Boomslang do harnesses to fit a fair few cars so there`s no need to solder the cars loom but they`re expensive for a bit of wire and a couple of connectors..

Tuning the e-manage was not that hard, you`re basically altering the stock map in the cars ECU so you don`t have to start from scratch.

If you`re going to have a go at tuning yourself you need a good Wideband with datalogging, I use a Zeitronix ZT-2 had it for 5 years or more now and it`s never let me down yet.

I`ve found the e-mange to be one of the best buys for my GTO, I had a lean spot in the original fuel map which caused a low load stutter and lots of other GTO`s suffer from this but adding 10% more fuel in that region totally transformed how the car drives!. I can also trim or add igntion advance which is essential when you up the boost or add WI so you can take full advantage of it.