View Single Post
Old 21-05-2005, 10:14 PM

Default Priming pump and pulse extender

Richard I have some questions about placement and hookup of a pulse extender that was made for me

The water supply is coming from a fuel cell that is mounted in the trunk (priming pump is mounted to the fuel cell mounting bracket). The pulse extender that was made for me is is in a hobby box along with the needed 12V 10-20A relay.

After looking at the diagram posted in the "Double The Flow Rate of your Aquamist Pump" thread and looking at pages 6 & 7 "DDS3 - Generic Connection Diagram" of the DDS3 manual.

from DDS3 manual page 6:
on the junction box pin 21 is priming pump power
on the junction box pin 22 is priming pump ground

Can I mount the pulse extender w/relay in the the trunk next to the priming pump and do I, using the red wire from pin #21 solder into red wire relay power for the pulse extender? Do I, solder the black wire from pin #22 to the black wire on the priming pump (ground)? This sounds correct to me just need for you to confirm.

Do I run grey and black wires from the pulse extender (H1 & H2) in the trunk to the 806-201 water pressure switch which is under the hood near the Aquamist pump?

So as to avoid any confusion I have supplied additional info with what I have:

The priming pump that I have is an Anco generic washer pump (kit number 65-01, P/N on pump 99600), this has two wires:
1) red = power
2) black = ground

The pulse extender and the relay are together in a hobby box (your schematic was used when making it). The wires exiting from the box are:

1) Black - labled H2 (water pressure switch?)

2) Grey - labled H1 (water pressure switch?)

3) Red - labled power (to pin #21 on DDS3 junction box?)

4) Yellow - pump (to red wire at washer pump?)

From what I can tell after writing this I think I'm correct with above. If I'm not correct or if you see an error (maybe typo) please correct me.

Thanks
Jack