View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 10:09 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Yellow RJ45 Connector & 4 way power connector

My replies in green...

- All the green leds on the HFS-6 controller should be
lit with the exception of the green connector.
FAIL. RED CONNECTOR, F-IDC, THRES NOT LIT
Richard: This statement is referring to the green leds on the RJ connectors. Not the red led on the controller board.
Update: The green led on the red harness on newer HFS-6 monitors the flow sensor's turbine movement.

Steve: OK so should the red socket led be lit green? If so, this fails. In the TST test both the red and green led light up on the red socket.
Richard: The green led of the red socket can either be lit or not-lit depends on the orientation of the turbine wheel inside the flow sensor at idle state. But if there is fluid flowing through this green led will flash in time with the rotation speed of the turbine wheel. The instruction may not have explained this. So we move on the other led.
Yellow led on the red connector: This led only lights up when the controller sends out a PWM pulse to the FCM. It should be lit on the "TST" tst. But do not leave the FCM on the "TST" state for more than 10 seconds at a time to avoid over-heating the FCM. Anyway it appeared to be working correctly.

3. Start the engine and let it idle for a minute or so:
- The green led on the controller should flicker
FAIL. RED CONNECTOR, F-IDC, THRES NOT LIT AND NONE FLICKER
Richard: Not until the green wire is detecting the fuel injector IDC properly, it will not flicker. Tell me how go went about connecting this wire to the fuel injector (-).
Steve: Basically connected to the "other" injector connector (i.e. the one which fails the continuity test between injector leads).
Richard: lets do it another way to find the correct injector(-) wire in real time. Connect the red wire of the yellow connect to a known +12V to allow the system to power up.
1. Engine running. Manual test the green wire by ground it momentarily (simulate 100% fuel injection). All the leds on the controller board will light up. the yellow led on the yellow socket shoudlalso light up.
2. If successful, connect the green wire to one of the fuel injector wire. Observe the green led on the controller board, it should flicker in time with engine speed if the correct injector wire is linked.

!!! Lets stop at this stage will only move on when the above is successful

- The yellow led on the “green” and “yellow” RJ Connector
socket should flicker.
FAIL. LIGHTS ON , BUT NO FLICKER
Only the yellow led should flicker, green should be solid. This is further proof that the IDC is not read properly if the yellow led does not lit up of flicker. Test the green wire of the yellow RJ connector by grounding it momentarily. You should see those two yellow leds light up.
Can you clarify which "those two yellow leds are"? on the board?
UPDATE: Sorry helps if u read the question - I understand which two leds - I will test this but they do light up in the test. Neither flicker though.

- Flicker should speed up with engine speed.
FAIL. LIGHTS ON , BUT NO FLICKER
The green led on the yellow RJ conenctor socket should be a solid green.

Can you clarfiy wether the yellow socket or the green socket led should be static and which should flicker?

From above
Only the yellow led should flicker, green should be solid.
The green led on the yellow RJ conenctor socket should be a solid green

In the test, both illuminate but neither flicker..

What about the led lights on the board which should light up on this test?.