View Single Post
Old 17-08-2010, 11:24 AM

Default Re: Yellow RJ45 Connector & 4 way power connector

I cannot find it .... I had a good look but could not see this wire... Ill have another gander soon.

The install is pretty much all stealth... you basically cannot see anything except additional nylon hoses running along the washer lines.

The Pump is where the Intercooler water pump was since I have moved the intercooler pump to the trunk where I have a dedicated larger reservoir and larger pump. The pump fits very snug although the mounting bracket for the I/C pump requires some modification but nothing major.

I installed two 0.8mm jets, one on the exit of the S/C just ahead of the I/C , and the second after the I/C ahead of the IAT sensor , and kind of opposite the MAP sensor. Ill play with the two locations to see which gives me better overall cooling. Also, at the moment I have no flow restrictor inserted yet.... and might only add one if I run both jets in tandem.

I have the IDC set very low at this stage so the spray comes on only when I am really on the power, and I will slowly bring this down and see how it affects things.

The washer tank is pretty large (around 7l), so I have a good level of capacity relative to the tank size of 80l. The one issue is there is an engine coolant line which runs through the water reservoir to prevent icing up etc. I am not sure how well meth being added in here would work .. or how safe it would be. Perhaps in a 25:75 ratio it ought to be ok.

I still have not added the MAP sensor and not sure I should since the boost is so linear on the S/C.

So all in all install is done and now its just down to see what can be achieved on the tuning side. I have had a torrid time with my data logger, and need to take some lessons before I use it again as it infuriatingly decides to overwrite data files I need. So I have no idea what is happening to my IATs when the W/I is running and when it is not.

Any thoughts about adding meth to the washer bottle? And then washing your screens with it!!!

P.S. I have a question regarding when you run W/I for the first time I assume allot of the oilly gunk in the I/C core and the inlet pipes from the breather hoses are washed downstream through the motor. I assume this will do no damage, but would this potentially clog up the cats or would this oil burn off/away during the combustion? Reasn I ask is one a recent WOT run wth W/I off and having run the W/I before briefly, I picked up an exhaust leak and suspect I was building up too much backpressure..... anything else to consider?

Last edited by stevebez; 17-08-2010 at 11:30 AM.