View Single Post
Old 29-08-2010, 06:57 PM
Howerton Engineering

Default Re: Failsafe activating after shift.

I just skimmed this and am wondering about the failsafe settings. When we set them up it is in this way:

Adjust the WL full CCW and WH full CW. Set failsafe delay to 12 o'clock.

Put the system in test for 1 minute and measure your jets into a container to ensure the system is flowing according to spec. While spraying 100%, turn the WH down(CCW) until the "B" light starts to flash or goes off, turn back to right 2 clicks. The SC and WH have now been set.

Take the car out on the road, in a high gear roll on the throttle very gently until the system starts to spray. Do this a number of times to get a feel for where it starts, turn the WL up a couple click and repeat process. Do this until the "B" light comes on goes off right at cut in then turn back to right two clicks.

Now try driving the car and see if the failsafe trips in normal circumstances. You can now fine tune the WH WL and delay to tighten the window even more as desired. Sometimes with smaller jet systems the SC may need to be at 7 bars at 100% for a good spread under normal driving, and other circumstances can call for some other adjustments as well.

I think the WH and WL just turned from noon two clicks may not have been an adequate adjustment if that is what was done.

I apologize if this is redundant, but want to see if the failsafe can be tweaked a bit.